Review: "The Forbidden Library"

The Forbidden Library - Django Wexler

I was a bit disappointed in this book, though it's not bad at all (actually a good read) I was expecting a lot more. I'm very glad that our main character is a young girl who is pretty sure of herself and not all on about depending on others to help her figure herself out.

I wish there had been more going on with the Library itself. Everything was so dark and mysterious that I actually couldn't get a good minds eye view of what it looked like... it was just dark, dank, and full of bookshelves, and not even the intriguing kind.

I felt like this was more of a Middlegrade market, but it had YA elements due to some of its intense moments (drowning and otherwise killing mythical animals for example)

Really enjoyed the main character, and that cat. New twist on magical individuals being able to enter books.

This is definitely not a "feel-good" magic book. This is more of a "dark and not so sure I want this magic" magic book.

Bit of a confusing ending, not sure what's going on, and no hints as to what's going to happen next. Guess I'll have to read the next book to find out!